The monumental work on the history of orchid literature was published in Belgium as a monthly continuation in French language between 1885 and 1906, and in English from 1891 to 1989. For orchid aficionados, this periodical was a passionate collector's item. The 5-volume facsimile edition (linen-bound with decorative cover) presents the complete botanical knowledge of this era about these exotic plant and represents a veritable encyclopedia of the orchid: The plant drawings are of extremely high quality in artistic implementation as in reproduction. Each of the panels is accompanied by a botanical description, an outline of the history of discovery and breeding, as well as a bibliography, and there are also practical tips for the breeder. A very special and rare piece for the orchid collector and all friends of book illustration.
- Hardcover, ca. 25 x 32,5cm
- Reprint, Naturalia Verlag
- english edition
- Lindenia: iconography des orchidées
- Linden, Jean Jules, 1817-1898
- 5 volumes, as good as new
- altogether 2300 pages and 814 color plates
- text: Jean Linden, Lucien Linden, Emile Rodigas and R. A. Rolfe
- color plates: P. De Pannemaeker, A. Goosens & G. Severeyns
Prices incl. German VAT plus shipping costs For cross-border delivery,the rate of the respective EU country is applied.
Delivery time: DE 3-5 working days (weather dependent)
EU:3-5 working days (weather dependent)